- Big Tech starts requiring vaccines; Twitter closes re-opened US officeson 29th July 2021 at 10:40 am
Twitter Inc is shutting its reopened offices in United States, while other big tech companies are making vaccination mandatory for on-campus employees, as the highly infectious Delta COVID-19 variant drives a resurgence in cases.
- Facebook’s slowdown warning hangs over strong ad sales, while Mark Zuckerberg talks ‘metaverse’on 29th July 2021 at 10:38 am
Facebook said it expects Apple’s recent update to its iOS operating system to impact its ability to target ads and therefore ad revenue in the third quarter. The iPhone maker’s privacy changes make it harder for apps to track users and restrict advertisers from accessing valuable data for targeting ads.
- Dell stops some US gaming PC shipments over new efficiency ruleson 29th July 2021 at 10:32 am
PC maker Dell Technologies Inc said it has stopped shipping some versions of its powerful gaming systems to California and five other states because the products do not meet new energy efficiency standards.
- Qualcomm optimistic on 5G, connected device sales as supply bottlenecks easeon 29th July 2021 at 10:30 am
Qualcomm total revenues rose 63% to nearly $8 billion, boosted by soaring sales of chips for connected devices that hit $1.4 billion.
- Samsung Electronics sees strong chip demand, mobile recovery as Q2 profit jumpson 29th July 2021 at 10:29 am
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd forecasted strong demand for memory chips in the second half and a recovery in the mobile market to 2019 levels, in a sign the global economy is getting back on track from the coronavirus pandemic.