- ‘Chips Act’ Planned by EU to Promote Semi-Conductor Self Sufficiencyon 15th September 2021 at 11:04 am
The European Commission announced plans for a new chipmaking ‘ecosystem,’ to keep the EU competitive and self-sufficient after a global semi-conductor shortage showed the hazards of relying on Asian and US suppliers.
- 1 in 2 South Asians concerned about the damage smartphones causes to wellbeingon 19th September 2021 at 12:11 am
As the world adjusts to a post-pandemic reality dominated by technology, public concerns about the dangers of over-consumption are gathering pace. According to a major new survey from Saudi-based cultural institute, Ithra, over one in two (56 per cent)are worried about the impact of Internet and smartphone use on their health.
- 10 books Satya Nadella and Jeff Bezos want you to readon 19th September 2021 at 9:42 am
- 8 features of Apple’s most-expensive 2021 iPhone that you will get in cheapest iPhone of the yearon 18th September 2021 at 8:28 am
- App Store Can Not Ban Alternative Payments, Judge Rules in Epic vs Appleon 10th September 2021 at 4:06 pm
In the Epic vs Apple case, the iPhone maker has just been given an injunction by the judge which will stop it from preventing developers from including external links that direct customers to purchasing mechanisms in addition to in-app purchasing.
- Apple AirTag Tracker Starts Receiving Firmware Update, New Features Yet Unannounced: Reporton 27th August 2021 at 9:43 am
Apple AirTag has reportedly started receiving a new update that carries firmware version 1.0.291. The firmware update comes months after the launch of the Bluetooth tracker and two months following the arrival of the last AirTag update.
- Apple App Store Concessions Fail to Address Top Concerns of Regulators, Lawmakers: An Analysison 3rd September 2021 at 5:59 am
Apple made two sets of changes to its App Store rules that are the subject of lawsuits, regulatory probes, and legislation around the world, but the tweaks do not address the biggest concerns raised.
- Apple Delays Child Protection Measures After Privacy Criticismon 4th September 2021 at 4:25 am
Apple said it would take more time to collect feedback and improve proposed child safety features after the criticism of the system on privacy and other grounds both inside and outside the company.
- Apple Event 2021 Highlights: iPhone 13 Series, Apple Watch Series 7, New iPad and iPad mini Launchedon 14th September 2021 at 3:01 pm
iPhone 13 launch at the Apple ‘California Streaming’ event brings the next generation of iPhone 13 models, accompanied by the Apple Watch Series 7. The Apple AirPods (3rd generation) TWS earphones are amiss, but iPad and iPad mini get new generational upgrades.
- Apple Event: iPhone 13 Launch Today — How to Watch, What to Expecton 14th September 2021 at 3:00 am
Apple Event 2021 – the iPhone 13 launch event – will take place on September 14 at 10am PDT, or 10:30pm IST. It is largely anticipated to announce the iPhone 13 range, alongside the Apple Watch Series 7. The livestream can be viewed on the Apple events page or YouTube.
- Apple Issues iOS 14.8 to Fix a Flaw Linked to Pegasus Spywareon 14th September 2021 at 4:22 am
Apple released iOS 14.8 to fix a weakness that can let the spyware at the heart of the Pegasus scandal infect devices without users even clicking on a malicious message or link.
- Apple Must Face Siri Voice Assistant Privacy Lawsuit, US Judge Sayson 3rd September 2021 at 6:14 am
Apple must face nearly all of a proposed class action lawsuit claiming that its voice-activated Siri assistant violates users’ privacy, a US federal judge said.
- Apple Workers’ Complaints on Poor Management Being Investigated by US Labour Agencyon 3rd September 2021 at 5:38 am
The US National Labor Relations Board is investigating two cases filed by Apple employees against the company, records on the agency’s website show, amid a wave of employee activism at a company known for its secretive culture.