- ‘Third Eye’ Camera Can Help ‘Smartphone Zombies’ Walk Safely Without Bumping Into Obstacleson 7th June 2021 at 7:21 am
A South Korean industrial designer has come up with a satirical solution for “smartphone zombies” who can’t take their eyes away from their screen long enough to stop themselves walking into a wall or other obstacle.
- AMD Radeon Graphics Coming to New Samsung Flagship Exynos SoC, Next-Gen Tesla Cars: Computex 2021on 1st June 2021 at 4:41 am
AMD has licensed its Radeon RDNA 2 graphics IP to Samsung, and the next flagship Exynos SoC for mobile devices will be the first to benefit from this. Tesla has also adopted RDNA 2 for console-quality gaming in its upcoming Model S and Model X refresh
- Amazon Mobile Savings Days Sale Is Live With Up to 40 Percent Savings on Smartphones, Accessorieson 9th June 2021 at 7:30 am
Amazon Mobile Savings Days sale is live and brings up to 40 percent savings on smartphones and accessories. The sale will last till June 12 and includes other offers like no-cost EMIs, additional discounts with HDFC Bank transaction, and exchange offers.
- Android 12 Beta 2 Brings New Privacy Features for Pixel 3, Newer Modelson 11th June 2021 at 5:42 am
Android 12 beta 2 is out for Google Pixel 3 and newer models and it brings new privacy features that were showcased at Google I/O last month. They include a new Privacy Dashboard, mic and camera indicators, toggles for disabling mic and camera, and more.
- Android 12 to Block Third-Party Apps from Customising Sharing Menu: Reporton 31st May 2021 at 12:53 pm
Google is restricting third-party apps from replacing the native Sharesheet in Android 12 to offer the same sharing menu across all apps, according to a report.
- Android 12: The Most Promising Features Google Announced at I/O 2021on 21st May 2021 at 2:04 pm
We discuss Android 12 and Wear OS announcements that took place at the Google I/O 2021 keynote earlier this week. In the second half of this week’s Orbital episode, we speak on Army of the Dead — Zack Snyder’s Netflix zombie heist movie.
- Apple AirTag Getting an Update to Address Privacy Concerns, Android App Coming Later This Yearon 4th June 2021 at 7:29 am
Apple AirTag is getting a software update that will change the time period after which it will alert nearby people by playing a sound when it is separated from its owner. Apple also has plans to bring an Android app later this year that will enable people to detect if an AirTag is separated from its owner and is unsuspectedly “travelling” with them.
- Apple Pays Millions to Student After Explicit Photos Leak on Facebook During Repairon 8th June 2021 at 11:02 am
Two Apple technicians posted “10 photos of her in various stages of undress and a sex video” onto her Facebook account. The content was removed only after her friends informed the girl of what had happened. The explicit content was posted in a manner that suggested she had uploaded them herself.
- Apple Subpoenaed by Donald Trump Administration for Lawmakers’ Data: Reporton 11th June 2021 at 9:25 am
The US Justice Department under former President Donald Trump subpoenaed Apple for data from the accounts of at least two Democrats on the House of Representatives Intelligence Committee in an attempt to find out who was behind leaks of classified information, the New York Times reported.
- Apple, Epic Trial: App Store Would Be ‘Toxic’ Mess Without Control, Says CEO Tim Cookon 22nd May 2021 at 5:03 am
Apple CEO Tim Cook on Friday said that App Store would become a “toxic” mess if the iPhone maker were forced to allow third-party apps without reviewing. He was the last scheduled witness in the case brought by Fortnite maker Epic Games in the US.
- Apple, Google to Face Antitrust Probe in Japan: Reporton 14th June 2021 at 5:10 am
The Japanese government will probe the activities of Apple and Google, amid growing allegations of antitrust violations by US tech giants.
- Arm Unveils Cortex-X2, Cortex-A710, Cortex-A510 CPUs, New Mali GPUs for Future Smartphones, Laptopson 26th May 2021 at 8:29 am
Arm has unveiled the Cortex-X2, its flagship offering that is meant for not just high-end smartphones but also laptops. The company has also brought its Cortex-A710 and Cortex-A510 CPUs under the v9 architecture, as well as introduced a new Mali GPU family that consists of Mali-G710, Mali-G610, Mali-G510, and Mali-G310.
- Asus ZenFone 8 Series India Launch Confirmed, May Be Called Asus 8Zon 24th May 2021 at 7:31 am
Asus ZenFine 8 series India launch has been confirmed by the company. A landing page has gone live with renders of two new phones on the Asus India company site, but it doesn’t reveal the monikers they will have in India. An exact launch date is not mentioned but the ‘Notify Me’ button has gone live.